On September 6, B.Chinbat, Chairman of the Communications and Information Technology Authority /CITA/ received representatives headed by George Cheng, Head of Public Policy for Mongolia, Hong Kong and Taiwan at Facebook and Roy Tan, Politics & Government Outreach Manager, Asia-Pacific.
At the beginning, the parties introduced their activities and exchanged views on ensuring the information security and privacy in social networks, its rational usage, and policy and regulation. Moreover, the parties agreed to cooperate in following directions:
- Strengthen digital literacy by way of organizing various activities aimed at providing optimal use of social networking, self -protection and identifying malicious and fraudulent information;
- Support Mongolian doctoral candidates and scholars get involved in “Fellowship, Emerging scholar” and “PhD internship” programs;
- Recruit Mongolian scientists as guest researchers in F.A.I.R labs;
- Involve young employees into Facebook university program which is 8 weeks internship program that enables students from underrepresented communities to get to know Facebook’s people, products and services. The program gives interns across engineering, analytics, product design, operations and global marketing solutions roles the opportunity to make a real impact and help redefine how the world connects;
- Explore the experiences of Asia-Pacific countries that use Facebook for their safety and efficiency;
At the end of the meeting, Mr. George Cheng, Head of Public Policy for Mongolia, Hong Kong and Taiwan at Facebook deeply appreciated the importance of this meeting and emphasized that bilateral cooperation commenced officially. Moreover, he noted that next high-level negotiation will be scheduled near future.