Nowadays, the data protection and privacy issue become not only about to hide or secrete it, it becomes to take comprehensive measures by providing integrated management or coordination, implementing software and technical solutions, and improving public digital education and knowledge.
Therefore, in furtherance of this common vision and seeking the opportunity to cooperate in the field of capacity building of information security, CITA and Microsoft have agreed to establish the MOU and signed during the opening ceremony of ICT Expo 2017 of Mongolia.
The cooperation under the MOU will cover the following areas:
- Establishment of Government Private Cloud system considered a set of online service platforms;
- Prevention of acquiring and using of non-genuine software by public agencies;
- Training on Cybersecurity;
- Setting up Microsoft Innovation Center and Certification Academy in Mongolia;
- Creation of business solutions using cloud and mobile technologies through enhancement of skills and knowledge of startups and expert support;
- Sharing Microsoft’s solutions for Smart Government and IoT development.
This MOU was signed on behalf of CITA by Mr. Bilegdemberel Badamdorj, Director of Information Technology Department, and on behalf of Microsoft by Mr. Bayarsaikhan Bayantsagaan, Senior Business Executive of Microsoft Kazakhstan LLP on 15 September 2017. The term of this MOU will continue for 3 years and Parties will develop an implementation plan and annually review it to ensure that it is fulfilling its purpose. The main and direct beneficiaries of this cooperation are public organizations and Government officials.