There is an urgent need for reliable news distribution due to the local transmissions of Covid-19 that have occurred in Mongolia. Therefore, Facebook committed to supporting the official source pages such as the Government of Mongolia, Ministry of Health, Communications and Information Technology Authority, and Communications Regulatory Commission (CRC) to provide reliable news to the users.
Facebook supports following activities:
- Supports an official page of Ministry of Health to distribute the news and information
- Ban any fake news regarding Covid-19 and accelerate the news from reliable sources
- Direct the activities of Green Chanel at CRC to Covid-19 contents and fake news regarding the public health and safety
- The advice of the World Health Organization such as wear a mask, wash hands and stay home are to be shown first at the newsfeed
- Cooperating with a local NGO Mongolian Fact-checking Center to work on the fake news and distribute its information to the users.
Since the local transmissions of Covid-19 that have occurred in Mongolia, Facebook is advising the users to follow the instructions from the World Health Organization and wisely take the news from only reliable sources.