CITA reports its achievements for 2020. CITA approved the policy document on 5G network development and Mongolians will able to use the 5G network from 2023. E-Mongolia, an online service platform integrating 181 services of 23 organizations introduced in 2020. In 2021, it is expected to involve a total of 592 services of 50 organizations in E-Mongolia.
Furthermore, the Back-up Center of the Mongolian National Data Center established in Darkhan city. “ICT Expo-2020” took place in an onsite and virtual format. The onsite exhibition attracted more than 400,000 visitors for 3 days. Within the framework to support entrepreneurs and start-up businesses, CITA has granted privileges for 12 start-up companies to participate in ICT Expo-2020 and offered free booths. The virtual exhibition is available on www.ictexpo.mn throughout the year.
Highlights of what CITA did in 2020:
- Approved the Policy document on the 5G network and from 2023 Mongolians will able to use this technology.
- Introduced the E-Mongolia system to the public. Through the system, about 400,000 citizens get 181 services from 23 public organizations.
- Established the Back-up Center of the National Data Center in Darkhan city.
- ICT EXPO – 2020 held both in an onsite and virtual format and 12 start-up companies allowed to introduce their services free of charge. More than 400,000 visitors visited the exhibition for over 3 days. The virtual exhibition is available on ictexpo.mn website.
- Approved the policy on child protection in an online environment.
- Approved the policy on TV, audio, video, and OTT services.
- Formulated Draft law on Public Information, Draft Law on Personal Data Protection, Draft law on Online Information Security in assistance with the Ministry of Justice and Internal Affairs.
- Approved the regulations to provide services by the organization in charge of state electronic database.
- 2G and 4G network delivered to 31 points of remote soums and bags.
- Internet services delivered to 71 points of remote areas.
- Two more soums connected to the high-speed broadband network.
- Provided mobile network expansion in 9 soums
- Provided power generators in 243 soums and established telecommunication towers in 61 soums, which are important steps to ensure the readiness of telecommunication services.
- Provided support to increase accessibility and frequency of postal delivery services in all soums of 9 aimags.
- Provided the renovation of one-stop telecommunications service buildings in 196 soums and construction of 25 new buildings.
- The front office system introduced in 21 aimags and 330 soums and operators started to provide services at one-stop service centers.
- ERP system provided to 15 public organizations.
- Provided certificates on e-signatures to 6621 government officials.